PRIVACY & TERMS
Valuables and items deposited with the Cruise
Safety boxes for money and valuables are available free of charge in the guest cabins and at the Front Desk. The Cruise will not be liable for the loss or theft of money or valuables. However, the Cruise shall compensate the guests for damages when loss, breakage, or other damages is caused with intention or negligence on the part of the Cruise staff.
However, the Cruise cannot accept the following articles for safekeeping.
- Articles of uncertain value, including works of art and antiques;
- Equipment with data recording devices, such as personal computers and cellular phones;
- Items related to personal information, such as customer name records.
Please do not bring onto the premises of the Cruise any of the following:
- Animals or birds of any kind, except service dogs;
- Gunpowder, oils or other explosives or inflammables;
- Objects emitting a foul odor;
- Unregistered firearms or swords;
- Objects of an unusually large size or in unusually large quantities;
- Illegal drugs or other articles, the possession of which is prohibited by the laws of Vietnam. Gambling or other acts that are contrary to good morals or that cause an annoyance are strictly prohibited. The cabins or lobby of the Cruise may not be used for any business purposes, or for any purpose apart from accommodation, without the express permission of the Cruise.
- Please do not hang any items or objects whatsoever from the windows of your guest cabin.
- The distribution or display of advertisements and the sale of goods on the premises of the Cruise are prohibited without prior written authorization.
- Please refrain from using equipment or fixtures for purposes other than those intended. Please do not remove or alter any equipment or fixtures of the Cruise.
- You are reminded that unauthorized publication for business purposes of photographs taken on the premises of the Cruise may be subject to legal action.
- Please do not place any personal or Cruise belongings in the lobby or passageways of the Cruise.
- Except in emergency situations, please refrain from using the emergency staircases, going up to the Sundeck or entering areas where there is machinery, areas where Cruise property is stored or other areas where guests and visitors are not permitted.
- You will be charged for any damage to the Cruise’s property caused by you or by your guests. Regarding Payment for Services Payment for all Cruise services may be made by cash, credit card, traveler’s checks, and travel vouchers or coupons accepted by the Cruise. Please pay your bills whenever requested by the Front Desk while staying at the Cruise. All bills are due upon demand. When a guest wishes to prolong his/her registered departure date, prior notice should be given to the Front Desk.
PRIVACY MATTERS MOST
Your information belongs to you and this should always be the case across time and space. VietStar Cruises understands the importance of protecting personal data and we respect and value the privacy rights of all our customers. The following information concerns all of the online data that we encounter and is in-line with the latest GDPR regulations. What is personal data? In this case, personal data is any online information that could potentially be used to identify an individual.
DISCLAIMER: We aren’t selling your personal information to a secret world government superpower.
RETENTION OF DATA
Of course, personal data related to all bookings is stored in a protected online database and it remains there for several months after the guests’ stay. This is important for referrals in case of complaints and/or emergencies. This data is eventually deleted.
PLEASE READ THIS USER AGREEMENT AND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.
Terms and conditions of transportation of guests and baggage on Viet Star Cruise Investment are governed by the Viet Star Cruise Investment Passage Contract, a copy of which will be included with your preliminary documents or on request. Your acceptance of the Passage Contract constitutes agreement to those terms and conditions, including the procedure for resolution of disputes, when your voyage begins.
Viet Star Cruise Investment shall have the right to cancel or alter in any way any scheduled sailing or itinerary which, in its sole judgment and discretion, is justified for any reasons and to do so without liability for damage or for any loss to guests. Viet Star Cruise Investment also reserves the right, in the event of a full-cruises charter or for any other reason, to cancel reservations and bookings whether or not a deposit or full payment has been received. In such an event, Viet Star Cruise Investment will refund guests the amount it has received.
Full payment required once the booking is confirmed. Cabins are subject to cancellation and resale if the required deposit amount is not received within the specified option period.
The full payment of the accommodation package must be made no later than 60 days before sailing, for all the members both for the single reservation and for the group reservation. In the reason for payment please indicate at all times the name of the person to whom we can refer (for single reservation) or of the group leader (for group reservation). The payment can be made either by bank transfer or by credit card (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Diner’s Club, or Discover Card). Expenses incurred for onboard services/products by the guest, or by VietStar Cruises on behalf of the guest, shall be paid by the guest prior to disembarkation.
Double or Twin Cabin accommodates 2 adults, 1 child or 1 infant.
Double Cabin can accommodate 1 adult with an extra charge.
Infant 0-4 year(s): Stay for free if using existing bedding. If you need a baby cot there may be an extra charge (USD 25 / baby cot/night).
Children 5-10 year(s): Be surcharged to stay in a cabin with an extra bed.
Child(s) over 11 years old are considered adults.
CHILDREN TRAVELING WITH AN ADULT
Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult and if that adult is not a parent or a legal guardian, written permission from parents or legal guardians is required.
D-CAR LIMOUSINE ( 4, 9, 16 seaters)
Our DCAR service picks up and drops off at hotels located in the Old Quarter of Hanoi. Passengers from other hotels need to take a taxi to the pick-up point.
Pick-up time: from 8:30 am to 9:00 am daily from hotels in the center of Hanoi.
For returning: shuttle bus will meet you at Tuan Chau Habour at around 11:45 am, shuttle bus will arrive back in Hanoi City at about 3:00 pm.
Our Car service does not do pick up or drop off at Noi Bai airport. (Surcharged if pick up or drop off at the airport).
CANCELLATION BY GUESTS
|From 1 to 2 cabins:||
|From 3 to 6 cabins:||
|WEATHER ISSUE||Ha Long – Lan Ha Bay belongs much to the natural issue. All cruise teams are under the management and operation of the Ha Long Bay Management Authority. They reserve the right to monitor the weather condition and make decisions for sailing permission daily. Their decision comes at any time of the day and this will be informed via phone to all cruise teams. VietStar Cruises will be in charge of informing all passengers and travel agents of any urgent weather issue.|
|REFUND||Before a determination regarding a refund can be made, all cruises and air documents must be returned to VietStar Cruises. Partial use of cruise, airfare, hotel, and land extensions does not qualify a guest for a refund. All refund requests pertaining to cruise, land, and air are subject to final review by VietStar Cruises.|
|OPTIONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE||We strongly recommend that all guests purchase comprehensive Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance for the full purchase price of the cruise as well as air and/or land program costs. Your travel agents can provide additional information about VietStar Cruises, a program that has been specially designed and economically priced exclusively for our guests.|
|BAGGAGE AND VALUABLES||Though we take all reasonable care in the handling of baggage, Viet Star Cruise Investment’s responsibility for lost, damaged, or misplaced baggage and other personal property is limited by the Passage Contract. VietStar Cruises is not responsible for camera equipment, jewelry, cash, or other similarly fragile and valuable items contained in checked or unchecked baggage. These items, as well as medications or prescriptions, should be carried on and off the cruises by the guests themselves. Safety boxes are available free of charge on board. For your safety, all baggage should not be left unattended.|
|EMBARKATION / DISEMBARKATION||The cruises will be available for embarkation two hours before the scheduled sailing time noted on the itinerary sent with the final documents. On disembarkation day, cabins must be vacated two hours after the scheduled arrival time, unless otherwise agreed by the captain.|
|GUESTS WITH DISABILITIES||Guest with disabilities is welcomed aboard However, Viet Star Cruise Investment has limited facilities aboard for guests with disabilities. Any guests requiring special services, assistance, equipment, or accommodations must advise Reservation Department at the time of reservation. The guest will be informed whether early embarkation will be necessary or not. Viet Star Cruise Investment has the right to refuse requested accommodation that is not readily available. For safety reasons, guests in wheelchairs cannot be carried on launches in ports where the cruises are at anchorage areas. Upon notification by guests with disabilities, Viet Star Cruise Investment Reservation Department will provide written specifications detailing suite and bathroom doorway widths and other pertinent access limitations on board. Guests using wheelchairs must be accompanied by a companion for access to all other areas of the cruises. Please be noted that accessible cabins are subject to availability and must be requested at the time of booking.|
|If guests have special dietary requirements, we must be advised at the time of booking or, at the latest, 1 week before sailing. Every effort will be made to comply.|
|OPTIONAL SHORE EXCURSIONS||Shore excursions purchased before sailing are subject to a 50% cancellation fee from the time of booking and a 100% cancellation fee if canceled within 30 days prior to sailing or once onboard.|
|SERVICES PROVIDED BY INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS||All shoreside tours and services described in the brochure are provided by independent contractors. VietStar Cruises shall have no obligation or liability of any kind to guests for acts or omissions in connection with or arising out of arrangements with independent contractors, including but not limited to airline carriers, ground-tour operators, hotels, and onboard physicians since they are neither agents for nor employees of VietStar Cruises.|
|INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND HEALTH INFORMATION||It is the guest’s obligation to obtain valid passports, visas, and public health documents for all applicable ports of call and overland tour destinations. Consult your travel agent for advice on such requirements. Guests will be sent preliminary cruise documents approximately prior to departure time. These will contain a visa application package from a reputable visa service agency so guests may avail themselves of this service. We strongly recommend that all guests contact their personal physician, the Department of Public Health, or the Centers for Disease Control to obtain expert medical immunization recommendations for their intended itinerary and travel plans to specifically address Malaria and Yellow Fever requirements in time to receive any necessary vaccinations/immunizations and for them to take effect.|
|SHORE EXCURSION GRATUITIES||Prices do not include gratuities for local shore excursion guides, drivers, and related service staff. Independent, subcontracted ground operator companies employ all ground staff and these entities do not participate in VietStar Cruises on board “ no tipping” practice. Tipping of guides, drivers, and other independent ground staff is at the individual guest’s discretion, anticipated, and appreciated.|
PRIVACY MATTERS MOST
|Your information belongs to you and this should always be the case across time and space. Viet Star Cruise Investment understands the importance of protecting personal data and we respect and value the privacy rights of all our customers. The following information concerns all of the online data that we encounter and is in-line with the latest GDPR regulations. What is personal data? In this case, personal data is any online information that could potentially be used to identify an individual.|
|We aren’t selling your personal information to a secret world government superpower.|
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
|When a guest uses our online services to book a holiday with Viet Star Cruise Investment. It is no secret that we acquire the following information: name, gender, address, e-mail address, phone number, fax number, social media profile data, and credit card information. We may also ask for information related to your travel preferences so that we can specialize your service for you. All reservations ( regardless of whether they’re made directly or through a travel agent) should provide all necessary passport information at least 24 hours before your arrival for registration purposes. Please be aware that should you choose to book through a travel agent, then your chosen third party will have access to details including your: full name, date of birth, passport number, and visa expiry date.
We may also ask for information related to your travel preferences so that we can specialize your service for you. Via indirect reservations (through third parties such as travel agents), we only receive the names of the guests.
When we meet our customers, we are obliged under international law to take a copy of their passports. We provide an e-copy of this to the Vietnamese Immigration Department – Public Security of Quang Ninh Province. This information is only used in cases of national interest for immigration, visa, and emergency purposes.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER DATA
|Any data that we collect is simply used to complete your booking and for legal immigration purposes. If this ever changes and we intend to share your data with an outside party, we are legally obliged to inform you. At which point our customers get the opportunity to opt-out.|
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
|We make sure that client information isn’t utilized in any way which it hasn’t been given approval for by the owner (you). We don’t offer, rent, exchange or give any information to third parties for any purpose not stated in these details. In order to eliminate unauthorized use, your credit card data is sent securely from your browser to our reservations office. Credit card numbers are used just for payment processing and are not kept for marketing purposes. No credit card data is stored on our servers. We ask that you don’t send us any delicate data through email. Credit card data should just be given to us by means of the online reservation booking engine or form, which encrypts your Credit card data to guarantee your security, or by reaching our reservations office.|
ACCESS, CHANGE OR REMOVE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
|If you like to access, change, or remove your Personal Data that you have previously provided to us, or are looking to exercise your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, you can contact us at Viet Star Cruise Investment.|
RETENTION OF DATA
|Of course, personal data related to all bookings is stored in a protected online database and it remains there for several months after the guests’ stay. This is important for referrals in case of complaints and/or emergencies. This data is eventually deleted.|
FOR CREW MEMBERS:
- There must be enough Administrative documents and Fire extinguishers on the ship. It is compulsory to have in hand the Leaving Port Permission before departure.
- Fostering a healthy, safe, and supportive environment for receiving and returning passengers, especially the eldery, children and the disabled. Enabling passengers on board only when the ship is tightened and anchored at Got pier. Having leading bridges and banisters in place. Do not overload the ship’s carrying capacity.
- Before leaving the harbour or other tourist sites, crew members must check the number of passengers, reminding passengers to sit down and wear life-jackets. The ship should only depart when it has been balanced. Informing passengers about keeping and protecting the environment and taking care of their own belongings. Keep and store passengers’ belongings with great care if asked.
- Manners of service should be courteous, friendly and blissful.
- Please follow instructions at all time of crew members and tour guides on the boat. Do not sit on the edge of the boat or banisters. Do not obstruct any operations of the crew members which might be harmful to the ship’s safety.
- Please self-care of your belongings. With valuable property like: jewelry, cash, camera, laptop, Ipad, etc., passengers can put their precious belongings in safety boxes in their cabins or give it to the staff at the reception area (verified, sealed up with consignment note).
- Flammable and explosive matters are not allowed on board.
- Please wait until the crew members have tightened the cables and the ship is safely anchored to the pier before exiting.
- In case of accident, please keep calm and follow the captain’s and crew member’s instructions.
- Be polite and civilized at all time. Make sure that you know the price before using any services onboard. Do not use any kind of propaganda or perform any illegal activities in any ways. No littering.